Re: Food dehydrators anybody?
  • Subject: Re: Food dehydrators anybody?
  • From: james singer <inlandjim1@q.com>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 07:39:37 -0800

Probably depends of what, and how much, she wants to dry. The standard is probably the Excalibur--http://www.excaliburdehydrator.com/-- although I think Cabala also makes a top of the line one, too. Excalibur costs several hundred dollars, price depending on model and niceties. I have a cheapy, a Nesco, that I picked up on freecycle. A new one sells for $20-$30 at Wal-Mart. One can download [pdf] the Nesco manual to check out it's capacity. Finally, when I lived on the farm, I build one from plans provided by the Arkansas extension service; it was designed to dry a bushel of apples at a time, which made it somewhat bigger than the Excalibur.