Re: Shipping Costs for Seeds
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Shipping Costs for Seeds
  • From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 19:09:52 -0500

Generally I don't use the number of seeds that many of you do. However sometimes I've had to order seeds for the MGs. For the most part, it comes down to the fact that particular cultivars I want are available from only one source. If this cultivar is a critical choice, then I would probably buy everything from that source. Maybe their tomato price is higher than someone else, but they have that specific hollyhock I want to try. Where you can lose money is by buying from 3 different places at the lowest prices and then get eaten up by shipping.

T&M has high shipping, but they have what I want, so I ordered 2 kinds of tomatoes, a hollyhock, and a nifty cosmos this year.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5