Re: wild weather
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: wild weather
  • From: Catharine Carpenter <cathycrc@comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 14:46:06 -0600

Rain here. Due to be worse tomorrow, and the forecasters say that we may get snow on Christmas. At least no ice.... we hope!
Cathy, west central IL, z5b

On Dec 23, 2009, at 12:37 PM, Donna wrote:

Crappy is the best word here.....so glad I don't have to go out in this ice storm. Although the weather service is saying one thing, I can tell you my driveway is iceskatable right now. The airlines have been offering to change tickets free of penlties cause they are expecting long delays for the holidays with this weather system.....basically as of yesterday they are saying, leave
now or you won't make it by Xmas .

Donna

A MIXTURE OF FREEZING RAIN AND SLEET WILL CONTINUE TO MOVE NORTH ACROSS THE AREA TODAY AND CONTINUE THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING. TEMPERATURES ARE EXPECTED TO VERY SLOWLY WARM ABOVE FREEZING FROM SOUTH TO NORTH BEGINNING THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH THURSDAY. AS TEMPERATURES WARM ABOVE FREEZING... THE PRECIPITATION
WILL TRANSITION TO RAIN.
* ACCUMULATIONS... SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATIONS LESS THAN ONE INCH. ICE
ACCUMULATION OF UP TO ONE QUARTER INCH.