Re: Rainbow
gardenchat@hort.net

amen to rain. We had over 2" the past two days. Yes!!!

ETN Zone 7

From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Wednesday, December 1, 2010 5:59:04 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Rainbow

After two days of rain and one of high winds, it finally cleared late this
afternoon, and just at dusk a beautiful rainbow appeared. I hadn't seen
one for years, but this was a splendid one.

The weather wasn't at all pleasant, but I was so glad to have the rain.
It has been so terribly dry here since early summer. We have had
numerous overcast days and occasional sprinkles, but no significant
rain. There were two downpours about five weeks apart, but they came
down so hard they just ran off.

Another sign that winter is here - juncos have appeared. They always
come just before the first snow so I guess that's what's coming next.

Auralie