Re: Grandson; OT
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Grandson; OT
  • From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 10:38:25 EST

Noreen, I have no objection to military service.  I'm sure it helped my
oldest son get straightened out, and set him on the road to a college
education and a career in the aviation industry.  I think it is admirable
for a young person to devote years of service to the nation.  What does
concern me is that these three boys were indoctrinated by their mother
that education does not matter.  She home-schooled them on the pretense
that she was protecting them from the evils she saw in the society. And
since she had no education herself, taught them nothing.  She points to
the fact that her father had no education and did very well for himself by
various, sometimes questionable, devices. Our family tradition is just the
opposite.
  Needless to say, that marriage did not last, and that son now has
two step-daughters who were both National Honor Society students and
are doing exceedingly well in college - one at Cornell, and the other at
the Univ. of Buffalo. Despite his disappointment with his sons, I am glad
to say he couldn't be more proud and supportive of these girls. The one
at Cornell is also star of the women's polo team, and the one in Buffalo
is doing well on the rowing team in addition to her straight A grades.
APL

In a message dated 12/13/2010 8:46:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,