Re: New or Tried and True?
  • Subject: Re: New or Tried and True?
  • From: Pam Evans <gardenqueen@gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 12:14:31 -0600

Tried & true works for me.  And using more xeriscape stuff all the time.
Something croaks, it gets replaced w/ a rosemary shrub, a regular purple
coneflower or a salvia of an appropriate size to fill the hole.  I'm going
to re-do the flower bed in the Kemp city park in March w/ all xeriscape
stuff.  rosemary, cenizo, salvias, 'Powis Castle' artemisia & lavenders.
Another gal is going to get the rocks and gravel & I'm supplying the plants
and doing the planting (she has bad knees & no health insurance)  No more
dead flower bed in the center of town.  The mayor is delighted of course.
Plus all that stuff is evergreen so will look good 12 months of the year.

Pam Evans
Kemp TX
zone 8A