Re: New or Tried and True?
  • Subject: Re: New or Tried and True?
  • From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 17:54:31 EST

I think that the chicory and Queen Anne's lace that edges our roads
in the summer time is really beautiful.  Unfortunately there seems to
be less and less of it.  I wonder if the chemical they now use on roads
instead of salt has an adverse effect.  I know both were considered to
be fairly salt tolerant.  I used to love to see Dame's Rocket along the
roads upstate, and collected seeds to plant in my garden.  I have lots
of it in the spring, but don't see it along the roadsides any more.  I
think that is a real loss.
In a message dated 12/21/2010 5:50:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
inlandjim1@q.com writes:

My take is that chicory is the most beautiful blue flower ever. It
always makes me smile.