Here comes the sun (was RE: note to all planning on trimming etc)
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Here comes the sun (was RE: note to all planning on trimming etc)
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 07:48:56 -0800

The sun is back!! Not only is it shining again but the days will be
getting longer! This last week of rain has convinced me I would not be
happy retiring in Oregon. Wistful dreams of lush greenery are slowly
receding, replaced by sad conviction that I would go nuts seeing gray
skies for months on end.
It's amazing how much rain we got in such a short period. I remembered I
have another rain gauge near the teahouse and when I looked it was
overflowing, so it was over 5" for sure. Sunday I will have to take my
camera up to my usual hiking spot, I am curious to see what happened
after all that rain hit the burned areas.
I think this will be a good year for wildflowers. I can actually see the
shrubs in the dry garden perking up already, it's just a hint of green
in the sages and rabbitbrush, but it's there.

Cyndi