RE: White Christmas/now foster dog
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: RE: White Christmas/now foster dog
  • From: "andreah" <andreah@hargray.com>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 06:11:59 -0500

LOL! I understand completely Auralie. Expressing my opinion, cocker spaniels
are a pain in the a$$!!!!!!! ;) We had them growing up and they are one of
the most HARD-HEADED dogs I've come across! I only drove 2 1/2 hours to pick
up Avery, and I don't think she's going to be with us forever. She just
doesn't seem to "fit" into our family like I need her to. I started this as
getting a companion for Vidalia, who really needs someone to play with.
Austin is getting old, and is really laid back anyway so his idea of play is
to swat at Vidalia for about 30 seconds and then go back inside.
Anyway-Avery is Heartworm positive and needs to be spayed so after we get
her all healthy, hopefully the rescue will find her a great forever home.
She's a GREAT dog, just not the one we were looking for ya know? I work with
Blue Ridge Boxer Rescue and they'll find her a great home I know.

They have a little male in a shelter in Charleston that I've fallen in love
with, through just his picture and he may also be coming to stay with us. If
he and Vidalia get along (which Avery and Vidalia really do not) then he may
become a permanent fixture. :D

Thanks for your kind words!