Re: Tree removal
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Tree removal
  • From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 10:00:08 -0500 (EST)

Can't be of much help about the Atlanta area, but I could around here. Just
this weekend the crew finally got to finish removing the broken branches and
devastation from the October snowfall.  We had told them it was no
emergency -
take care of people who had real problems first.  The damage to several
trees
was extensive and required much remedial pruning.  The Chinese scholar tree
lost a number of large branches.  The crabapple and pear trees both lost
their
tops and a large portion of the curly willow is gone.  Anyway, I can at
last get
down to the vegetable garden, though its fence needs serious repair.  The
cost for all this was $1500, and it will be another $600 or so to remove
branches
from a hickory that hangs out over the drive.  We figure that will be
cheaper
than repairs if it goes in the next storm.  If the tree is very large, it
would cost
anywhere up to $1000 to remove it in this area - but I really have no idea
how
prices go in Atlanta.

Here's hoping you aren't having weather problems - it sounds like the
Southwest
is getting hit pretty hard.

Auralie

In a message dated 12/20/2011 9:45:20 AM Eastern Standard Time,