Tree question
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Tree question
  • From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 11:25:28 -0500 (EST)

After the bizarre scenes of brilliant fall colors against the October
snow fall, the leaves are finally down.  Except that the dogwood
outside my kitchen window still has all its leaves hanging there
dry and brown.  What's going on?  All my other dogwoods have
lost their leaves on schedule.  This tree, unlike others, did not lose
branches in the storm.  It just looks miserable.  Is it an unhealthy
tree?  We lost a lot of dogwoods some years ago to a blight, but
those that survived seemed pretty hardy.  I can see seven others
without even going outside, and they all are bare.  I do hope I am
not going to lose this one - it's where all the birds congregate to
wait their turns at the bird feeders.

APL