RE: Unfinished projects, was Merry Christmas/Happy New Year
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: RE: Unfinished projects, was Merry Christmas/Happy New Year
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 13:37:01 -0800

I thought at one time I would learn to knit. It was when we had about 15
sheep and I wanted to do something with the wool. I bought a spinning
wheel and learned to spin - made myself piles of yarn. I liked the
washing and carding and I loved spinning but unfortunately I didn't like
knitting, guess I'm not meticulous enough: making the stitches even,
counting how much you've done...it wasn't for me. I did knit a scarf but
it's rarely cold enough here to use it. I thought about weaving, but
then you have to sew the fabric you've made and I don't sew either.
I still have the spinning wheel but since I don't know what I'd do with
the yarn I haven't used it in forever. And now the sheep are gone.

Cyndi