Re: millet

In a message dated 1/31/2003 8:37:50 PM Pacific Standard Time,
kmrsy@earthlink.net writes:

> Kathy,
> I don't have my seeds yet, wouldn't plan to start them until maybe April
> here in Z5a.  Alabama Sunset is a vegatative variety of Coleus that can
> take full sun. I rescued a plant from frost at the end of 2001 and made
> about 20 cuttings from it.  This year I've brought a couple of plants in
> and am getting ready to do cuttings again. Others from which I took
> cuttings in our Display Gardens include Schizophrenia and Banchee Holiday.
> All are easy to grow.
> Kitty

I ordered and received these seeds also to grow this coming season, however
I'm in Zone 6/7 and I don't plan on starting these for awhile.  Like Kitty
suggested, from what I've read this plant starts easily and quickly from
seed, so I wouldn't start it too early unless you'd like to keep a full-size
plant in your house/greenhouse for awhile.

PS--- FYI, I have been working like crazy, so I am 500 emails behind, but I
read these emails because I curious about this thread.

Long Island, NY
Zone 6/7

"Gardens are not made by sitting in the shade."
Rudyard Kipling