Re: shuttle OT

In a message dated 2/1/2003 8:05:14 AM Pacific Standard Time,
gardenqueen@gbronline.com writes:

> I apologize in advance if anyone thinks I'm out of line, but I believe
> we should all say a prayer in accordance to whatever beliefs you hold
> dear and true for the astronauts and their families today. For those of
> you who don't know, the shuttle blew up on re-entry right over our heads
> this morning.
> I heard a very LOUD sonic boom or explosion as I sat down to breakfast
> this morning. The house actually shook. Hideous. God keep them and you
> all
> in His hands............
> Pam

It is just awful.  I have been watching the footage on Fox News Channel.  I
am so sorry for the astronauts' families.  Ofcourse all are in my prayers.

Pam, did you see anything after you heard the boom?  People are reporting
debris falling on their property. (Don't know how close you are.)  A horse
farmer reported a large piece of burning rubber in her field.

Long Island, NY
Zone 6/7

"Gardens are not made by sitting in the shade."
Rudyard Kipling