Life is good - part II

Well all, we actually had a nice day here (mid-70's)
and I got a lot done. Weeded, added coffee grounds to and turned both
compost piles (rough on the back), deadheaded, trimmed back all the
lemon balm and mint since it's starting to come back already, started
seeds and inspected the rose bushes since I'll have to start pruning
next weekend. Gave all the blooming things (rosemary, winter
honeysuckle, camellia and oxalis) a dose of kelp and got some pots and
beds ready to go for planting next month.

As the sun started to go down, I fed the birdies and locked everything
up. Then I stood on the porch and drank a toast to all the astronauts
and their families. I wished that they were home doing the very same
thing. But ours is not to reason why, so I was grateful for life,
gardens, my baby kitty and good friends. Forgive me for waxing
philosophic for a moment, but after the dreadful day yesterday, it was
appropriate. May all of you enjoy every day and every moment spent
tending your precious piece of this planet we call home. It's not hard
to find joy in every day, if you look hard enough. Ok - I'm done.

God bless all

--
Pam Evans
Kemp TX/zone 8A