Re: Shuttle OT

In a message dated 2/4/03 11:01:19 AM, Aplfgcnys@aol.com writes:

<<  I think we
grieve more for those of us who are left behind than for those who died. >>

Auralie, I think you are so right.   I have lost a child which we all hear is
the most difficult loss.  When I hear of another child who has lost life, my
heart aches for the parents as I know what they are experiencing as I relive
my loss.  The childs age is not a factor.  Time (32 yrs for me) does not
reduce the hurt  but only provides  tolerance.  A devastating thought is the
child that suffers the loss of a parent.  I believe I heard there were a
total of 12 children left behind in the tragedy.
    Bereavement will be another tragic aspect.  Acceptance of death is the
first step of bereavement however there is no physical evidence with which to
reconcile with reality which forces alteration of the normal process.