From: Melody <mhobertm@excite.com>
Sent: 02/06/03 02:04 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] question on Elm tree name

> Tricia: Also--maybe the Chinese elm, ulmus parvifolia, as there is a
Pond of the Drunken Poet (Zhuibai Pond) located in Shanghai, China. I
know that's stretching it a bit...but closest I could come up with...I
suppose it could be the name of an old cultivar that has long since been
forgotten about...some of the Chinese elm trees located in the US that
I've read about on the 'net are known to be nearly 200 years old...Good
luck! :-)

Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

--Albert Einstein