RE: renaming plants

I think of coleus as the common name, too. And, like you, I like my labels
done correctly and the Shastas are staying Leucanthemum x superba, at least
for the time being.

I believe 'Banchee Holiday' may be a cross between a Solenostemon and a
Perilla, hence the name confusion.  Glasshouse sold it as a coleus and the
tradeshow exhibited it as a Perilla.  If I'm right about the cross, the
more accurate naming might be:
Solenostemon x Perilla 'Banchee Holiday'
but I don't think anyone wants it that long.

Sort of like Crocosmia 'Lucifer'  which isn't a full-fledged Crocosmia.
It resulted from the hybridization of Crocosmia masonorum and Curtonus
paniculatus and was introduced by Blooms of Bressingham, England.  This
bigeneric genus contains several richly colored cultivars, Emberglow and
'Lucifer' are among them. It might have been more descriptively named:
Crocosmia x Curtonus 'Lucifer'