Re: jasmine

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: [CHAT] Re: jasmine
  • From: Island Jim jsinger@igc.org
  • Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 15:35:24 -0500

that's the star [or confederate] jasmine [trachelospermum jasminoides], donna. my guess is zone 5 would be pushing the envelope about two zones north. they are right, they are extremely fragrant. they also root easily and grow fast; be happy to start a cutting for you this spring if you want to try it.

i've got four of them, three of which are now about 60 feet up old slash pines; the forth is a variegated one that is a bit more reluctant--both in climbing and blooming.