Re: crummy weather here< palms

Well the winds finally are calming down here. Everything that was not nailed down (and some that were) are now in a new location. It was still dark out when I left for work, so could not check it out throughly. But now it is cold! Wind chill stated at -9 degrees per the radio. Feels it.:(

Has anyone noticed that it is starting to stay lighter out later. When I do get out of here on time (HA!) I actually see daylight!

Melody wrote:
Donna: Keep your winds, we have our own right now! :-) We even had a
mini-blizzard here in east Central Iowa for a short time today...I went
into the grocery store and came out 30 minutes later to total white-out
conditions...30 minutes later it was gone as quickly as it had come and
left no snow on the ground...a lot of slush that mysteriously
disappeared almost instantanously thanks to temps that dropped about 15
degrees in an hour and the high winds blowing...what moisture that was
left standing in puddles froze into sheets of black ice, though, but
fortunately it is very sporadic. The whole thing was very bizzare. Since
the beginning of the mini-blizzard right on until even now, the wind has
been gusting with a terrible force...making every thing dry and
sooooooooooooooooooooo cold!!! I just keep saying my winter time mantra
over and over..."Spring is coming, spring is coming..." Wish I was going
to Hawaii like Marianna!

Melody, IA (Z 5/4)