Re: hate to talk about gardening/zamia

Actually, he was warning you for your own safety, I expect. When I lived in Hawai'i, we were most cautious when we hiked. There are folks that grow it as a "cash crop", and like moonshiners, do not take kindly to "furriners" in their territory! Besides, the local law officers take the same dim view of pot as their mainland compadres.
Cathy

On Tuesday, February 11, 2003, at 12:02 PM, grdengrl@optonline.net wrote:
 Interestingly,
when we were reserving the hiking trip the agent felt that he needs to
warn us that we are not to pick the "wild growing" cannabis that we'll
see all over the place while hiking. I found that odd, but
okay...apparently the mainland folks are all potheads or something. Very
odd!

Mariana
NYC Brooklyn, Zone 6b
http://photos.yahoo.com/gardengrl911

----- Original Message -----
From: romans810@juno.com
Date: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 12:43 pm
Subject: Re: RE: [CHAT] hate to talk about gardening/zamia

Aloha Mariana - We were there in Nov. 2nd time. Just rested on Waikki
Beach. Your hotel should have tons of brochures to look at. There
are all
kinds of tours. Talk to the Concierge for ideas. If you have a car
, it/s
a must to see the island. Diamond head, Polynesian culture center,
waimeafalls, zoo, and the aquarium are on the lower end of W.
Beach. Hilo
Hattie's gift store in Hono., Army museum & much much more.
Parking is a
hassle on the commercial strip. Lots of nice restaurants, $$$
but also denny's etc.. Aloha & have a gr888 time.

Tony Veca <><
Another Gr888 Day in Paradise !!!!!
Vancouver, WA