Re: Re: water meters

In a message dated 02/13/2003 7:04:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kmrsy@earthlink.net writes:

> Auralie,
> That's $5000!  Unless you were paying less 30 yrs ago. But still!
> But I suppose if you demanded they supply you something for your taxes
> paid, they'd hit you with a whopping price tag for hooking you up.  Still,
> just not right.

We would have to pay for about half a mile of piping from the main road.  The
six houses on the lane can't even agree on cooperating to pave the road or
have it plowed, so it would be up to us to finance the whole bit and then
those below us could tap in.  Believe me, the tax is cheaper, and no, it
hasn't gone up much in 33 years.  Oh well.
  At least we have garbage collection at the main road - just have to take it
down before 8:00 AM.