Re: Fwd: Price of Gas; Now Duct Tape

> From: Pamela J. Evans <gardenqueen@gbronline.com>
> Marge girl - givin' you an amen sister!!
> And I don't think you are cynical, just realistic and sensible IMO.

Thank you ma'am:-)  Also agree with your other post about commodity
markets. Seems to me that the stock and commodity markets spend more
time running around like chickens with their heads cut off than any
other business segment.

While terrorism is a reality in this world, do think the current
hysteria is  just that and will go away as they all do when something
else catches the public's fickle fancy.  We seem to be such a faddy
nation anymore.  Guess it's the instant communication combined with
the media need to have a 'story' plus those who want to keep the
nation in a state of semi-terror for reasons of their own.

That said, if there is no attack in the next week or two, then, when
our admin. announces the next 'alert', fewer and fewer will pay
attention.  One day, they will have something really serious to
announce and nobody will pay any attention.  Do not think our gov't.
admin. were ever read the story about the little boy who cried wolf
when they were children....

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :