Re: weather

In a message dated 2/15/03 10:24:10 AM, justme@prairieinet.net writes:

<< Anyone heard
from Melody and Ceres? >>

Donna, we are in the depths of the worst storm for some time.  Even the
shopping malls are closed.  We have about 12" now expecting another 2" before
moving out this afternoon and then maybe more tonight.  We rcd nice rains
most of the day yesterday but of course this turned to ice before the snow
began.  I mentioned I was scheduled to give a talk at the Home & Garden show.
That was to be at 6 pm last night.  I decided to cancel out about 4 pm and
was certainly glad I did.  At 6 the snow was falling in big flakes on ice and
with a good wind in addition.
    My daughter & oldest granddaughter traveled to Cedar Falls where Natasha
will be attending school next fall (UNI).  They decided to leave on Thurs eve
due to the weather predications.  They had early Fri apptmts with counselors,
etc and was afraid weather would not allow them to get there.  They are
forced to stay tonight also due to the weather.
    I am removing wallpaper from my kitchen walls and feeling okay to stay
inside.  Looking out It is quite pretty.  I love the sight of new falling
snow on the concolor, blue spruce & other conifers.
    Ceres, Iowa zone 4/5