Re: Just Plain Fear

In a message dated 02/14/2003 1:31:20 AM Central Standard Time,
mtalt@hort.net writes:

> .  My take is that people have no real clue what to do in
> any emergency, not just nebulous terrorist attacks, so they panic and
> go out and buy stuff to be doing something.

Sorry I'm so late in replying to Marge's post.  (I've been busy doing Master
Gardener volunteer hours.)  My attitude toward the whole thing is, "I drive
on the highway."  I came to feel that way after I got an untreatable cancer 8
year after getting radiation therapy to cure my breast cancer.  It's now been
15 years since the first surgery and 8 years since the second.  I suppose
either could return, but (and this is my point) I drive on the highway
everyday and probably stand a greater chance of dying there.  I don't
unnecessarily endanger my life, but I am sure as the devil not going to waste
a minute of it being afraid of something I can't do anything about in the
first place!

BTW, I paid $1.61+ for regular gas on Friday.

zem
zone 7
West TN