Re: war

I was not offended at all, just wanted to relay my observations. I lived in Europe in the mid 50's and much of what you saw I did too. Visited Hiroshima when I went to Japan many years after the bombing. Was appalled in both cases. I have also visited Dachau. Don't pretend to know the answer, but it seems to me that things haven't changed much since Plato said "Only the dead have seen the end of war." Yes, there are some hawks in the military, but the difference between them and the hawks in Congress is that the military ones generally know that they will end up in harms way. The others are the ones doing the sending. For what it is worth, the motto of the Army's Combat Casualty Care Course is - War has no winners...only survivors.
Cathy