Re: war

Have to agree with Cathy and David. My father would never discuss his
experiences as an officer in WW2 and altho' he was retired at the time I know
watching Viet Nam drag on was as much an agony  to him  as to the rest of us
non-military types. Perhaps I was exposed to too much propaganda as a service
brat but I still think of service people as "defenders of freedom" and
heroes..even the officers! Unfortunately there are still the same proportion
of idiots as in the civilian world.(And I think we may have a Dr.
Strangelove.) You are right, Marge..Anyone old enough to have seen the
aftermath would avoid war. We lived in Europe in' 52 and altho' Germany was
rebuilding France still looked like a war zone even that many years
later.Kathyz5