Re: birds and other critters

The operative issue is - what kinds of birds and wildlife is he talking about in Chicago? Pigeons, starlings, squirrels? There are species that can and will adapt to almost any conditions. Much of the wildlife in arid areas come out only at night when it is cooler. A casual observer would never know they were there. Here in "downstate" Illinois (ie. any place outside Chicago), we see plenty of critters, but many times you still have to know where to look.
Cathy