Re: skunks

In a message dated 02/17/2003 5:46:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jsinger@igc.org writes:

> curtis left the sliding glass door between his living
> room and his deck open one evening while entertaining a guest elsewhere in
> the house. a skunk entered.

Your story reminds me of the time we were away on a trip (forget where) and
son and daughter-in-law were minding the cats and plants.  They came by in
the evening and opened the house to let cats in and out - went about watering
plants.  They returned to the kitchen to find a pair of skunks happily eating
from the cats' dishes.  My son said all he could think was "What will I tell
Ma?"  Fortunately they did nothing, and the skunks finished the cat food and
left the way they had come without any more problems.  They didn't leave the
outside doors open again.   Auralie