Re: skunks

What a great story, Jim.  Skunks are really very mild mannered
creatures unless they think they have been threatened.  Baby skunks
are cute as can be, too.  Once was at the vet and someone brought one
in - tiny thing, in a box and I got to pet it; fur is quite
coarse...rather like a baby raccoon...cute.

That mother skunk found herself a nice, safe place for her
kits....plus free babysitting when she needed to go out on her
own...animals aren't so dumb:-)

We have skunks occasionally; I can always tell they've been here as
they dig in my border mulch for earthworms and such and once in a
while you can smell the fact that they've been around and something
bothered them.  I rather like skunks:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :

> From: Island Jim <jsinger@igc.org>
> i had a friend in my youth. curtis zahn. poet, short story writer,
> editor with holiday magazine, but most of all, a pacifist who was
> black-balled by mccarthy. curtis owned a house on the beach at
malibu. if
> you know the area, you know the houses kind of hang on a
cliff--road above,