Re: chippers was: birds and other critters

They do, indeed.  They are the epitome of cute, really, little
thieves that they are.  Not the world's brightest critters; have had
them run straight over my foot a few times.  But cute.  Not easy to
catch, however. One year, one of my cats caught one and brought it
into the house and it ran into my daughter's room.  Took that room
apart trying to catch it...hours later managed to throw a towel over
it and scoop it up, but what a mess was left to put back together!

They have two annoying traits....1) they insist on burying clumps of
birdseed in my pots, where it all sprouts in one nice mass and 2)
they sit outside and chip for hours on end...one note, over and over
and over like Chinese water torture to the ears...but otherwise, cute
lil' guys.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade