Re: chipmunks was: birds and other critters

Well, curiosity finally won and did a little Googling for chippers.
Found this Canadian site with good info. plus a map of N. America
showing the range of the - would you believe - 21 species that live
on this continent!

Map shows why you don't have them, Andrea and why they aren't found
in S. CA...

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :

> From: Andrea H <hodgesaa@islc.net>
> Marge-we don't have chipmunks here, but did when I lived in the
upper part
> of the state. So my guess is they stop somewhere mid-South
Carolina. Don't