Re: birds and other critters

Well, you sorta did, David.  I thought you had your fair share of
critters and I see on your list many that I sure don't have.  I
forgot wild turkey on my bird list. Saw my first one last year and
thought it was an incredibly neat bird until I went out and found it
had scratched up several native clumps of Arisaema!  It spent the day
here and vanished and I'm just as glad...those big claws can do some
damage to a garden!

But, I have never seen here, bobcats, mountain lions, wild pigs,
wolverines, ferrets, black bears (tho' they are sighted occasionally
in the area) nor elk.  And certainly not a Big Foot:) I have not seen
coyotes here, but have heard they are in the area now.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :