RE: weather

Donna: Here I am...four days and four inches of snow later. Our storm
came in on Friday afternoon, and lasted until Saturday evening...started
with rain, turned to ice, and then the snow finally came. It is our
first real snow **storm** of the year. I had originally planned my
daughter's 7th birthday party for 6 p.m. Friday evening but by Thursday
had known it wasn't going to happen because of the storm coming so
changed it to Monday which ended up working out beautifully for
everyone...snow storm hit right at 5 pm. Friday so it ended up being
right on time as the weatherman had predicted. Good thing my kids are so
resilient and my now 7 year old understood how necessary it was to
postpone or that could have made for a miserable weekend...I guess this
storm cell just picked up momentum as it traveled east--I hear the east
coast got buried under a ton of snow...hope all our friends out that way
are doing okay...I had to do my own shoveling this weekend as the
husband was away working (and playing) in Dallas until late Sunday
night. I told him that if he wasn't already in hot water over leaving me
and the kids alone for Valentine's day and our daughter's birthday, me
shoveling four inches of snow made it even worse. LOL! Poor fella...I
shouldn't have given him so much grief but goodness the windchill
Saturday afternoon made it soooooooooooooooooo cold!

Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

--Albert Einstein