RE: the recent political discussion

In defense of the person who sent the mail suggesting where and why to buy
gas, I did not consider it junk email.  Neither was it fueled by fear or
hate.  I considered it to have come from a concerned person who wanted to
support companies who conduct business in a manner she considers
appropriate and to stop handing over her hard-earned money to companies
whose business practices offend her.

For example, I chose years ago to stop flying Northwest Airlines (losing an
abundance of frequent flier miles) because Northwest flies in their cargo
holds virtually all the wild-caught primates from Africa to the US research

We the little people often feel powerless, yet we want to do something
constructive.  I can't stop research labs from experimenting on primates.
I can't stop Ugandans from killing each other.  I can't stop terrorists
from bombing us.  And I can't stop Gail Norton and her cronies from
destroying the very land she is paid to protect.  But I really would like
to be able to do something about it, no matter how small.

I do not expect everyone to agree with my views and I respect everyone's
right to speak their mind.  If I don't agree, I've got a delete key.  I
don't want any of you, even the most thin-skinned, to feel offended.  It
has never been my intention to hurt anyone on this list.  But I also hope
that all of us would believe the same of each other.  Still, if others'
opinions have proved too much for you to bear, go ahead and take a breather
and come back when you can.  We will have truly missed you.  We'll welcome
you back.  But be forewarned, we may still have opinions.