Re: chipmunks and squirrels

In a message dated 02/18/2003 9:25:07 AM Eastern Standard Time,
kmrsy@earthlink.net writes:

> What color are your squirrels?

Our squirrels are grey, but I sometimes see a black squirrel at the bottom of
the hill down by the main road - less than 1/2 mile away.  I know of some
towns down-county that have black squirrels, and had been told that black
ones would drive out the grey.  So far I have only seen the one black one in
the neighborhood - and he's been there more than a year now.
Princeton University campus has many black squirrels - very thick,
rich-looking fur.  I am sure the students feed them.
Auralie - Westchester County, NY