Re: Clerodendrum trichotomum was: Theresa's pics

I have that, too, Zem and cut it back hard each spring to where it
starts branching and it makes at least 10' or so by fall.  Wanted it
for years and a friend sent me one and can't say I'm that excited now
I've had it for a while, but could be it's just not getting enough
sun to really put on a great show.  See mine is suckering, too and
need to dig up those babies and do something with them!  Does yours
flower like it's supposed to?  Seems to me it smells a bit like
peanut butter:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
> From: Zemuly@aol.com
>
> There are about a gazillion cultivars of Clerodendrum.  I have a C.

> trichotomum in my yard.  It grew from three to twenty feet in one
summer and
> now has many suckers that are growing just as rapidly.  All the
suckers seem
> to have their own root systems, so I am moving them all around the
yard as
> quickly as possible.  The deer have expressed no interest at all in
their
> foliage or bark -- probably on account of its rather strong,
peculiar odor.