Re: chippers was: birds and other critters

Yes...they are not the brightest about cats.  My old cat used to
catch them a lot - and my current cat did too; seems chipmunk is
right up there with bird as flavor of the day..now, she is campused
as she will not leave the birds alone and I have told her I do not
feed them for her enjoyment; if she insists on catching them, she
does not go out; she paid me no note, so she now only gets to sit in
the window and dream.  With hunting cats outdoors, our population of
chippers dwindled to almost zero; they are back in full force now;
unfortunately, so are the voles.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
> From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
>
> In a message dated 02/17/2003 10:49:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> mtalt@hort.net writes:
>
> > .  Not the world's brightest critters; have had
> > them run straight over my foot a few times.
>
> That's putting it mildly.  The ones here will sit on a rock and
yell at our
> old cat (the only one who goes outside - really fat and lazy) until
he
> finally goes for it.  Then, when caught, they go limp like dead.
When the cat