From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Marge Talt
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 11:35 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT]Clerodendrum trichotomum was: Theresa's pics

I have that, too, Zem and cut it back hard each spring to where it
starts branching and it makes at least 10' or so by fall.  Wanted it for
years and a friend sent me one and can't say I'm that excited now I've
had it for a while, but could be it's just not getting enough sun to
really put on a great show.  See mine is suckering, too and need to dig
up those babies and do something with them!  Does yours flower like it's
supposed to?  Seems to me it smells a bit like peanut butter:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics : http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

> From: Zemuly@aol.com
> There are about a gazillion cultivars of Clerodendrum.  I have a C.

> trichotomum in my yard.  It grew from three to twenty feet in one
summer and
> now has many suckers that are growing just as rapidly.  All the
suckers seem
> to have their own root systems, so I am moving them all around the
yard as
> quickly as possible.  The deer have expressed no interest at all in
> foliage or bark -- probably on account of its rather strong,
peculiar odor.