Re: Clerodendrum trichotomum was: Theresa's pics

Hmmm...Lynda, 6 hours of sun a day...maybe that's why I don't get
much bloom on mine, while under open sky probably doesn't get that
much actual direct sun.

I prune mine as I really don't want it 15' tall and wide where it is
and read somewhere that it blooms on new wood anyway.  Do you find
yours blooms on new or old wood or both?  I'm trying to figure out
why I'm not getting masses of bloom - mine also blooms very late in
the season, when does yours bloom?  Noreen's likely blooms earlier as
she is so much farther south.

So far, suckers have only popped up a few feet away from this child.
Since yours show up farther afield, I will have to keep a sharp eye
out here; don't want that area full of Clerodendrum!

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :