Re: C. trichotomum

In a message dated 2/19/2003 5:10:43 PM Central Standard Time, gardenchat-
No, Marge, mine is in the ground too.  It is about 10-15 ft. tall.  I keep it
as a tree, but cut back the branches in late winter to keep it compact.  I
have three of the 5 Clerodendron species in the ground.  The C. trichotomum
seems to be the worst at suckering, the C. ugandense and the C. speciosissium
don't sucker at all, at least they haven't yet in the few years they've been
in the ground.  I have heard that the C. bungei is the worst at suckering, so
definitely have kept it in a pot.

zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast