Sent: 02/20/03 08:11 AM
To: 'Kitty Morrissy ' <kmrsy@earthlink.net>, "'gardenchat@hort.net '" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Carolina allspice

> I have no entertaining Carolina Allspice story, but it is one of my less
successful experiments.  I had contradictory info on it (& nowhere near
resources I have now to find out the real requirements) - I followed the
grower's & planted it in the sun, and for 3 years it got to about 2 1/2 or
3' tall, very pretty foliage, and then the leaves fried in the summer.  So
thought I would move it to partial shade.  It did not like being moved,
at all, and it has languished in the back for the last 2 or 3 years.  I
haven't gotten around to figuring out what to do with it/to it now, & it's
in an out of the way spot so it doesn't make itself urgent.  It's not big
enough to fall in to...

Maryland zone 6