Re: NE PA/snow

In a message dated 02/20/2003 11:18:06 AM Eastern Standard Time,
romans810@juno.com writes:

> Looks like we won't get any snow this year. Still raining. Which we need.
> Mt. Hood, S. east of here &Mt St. Helens, N East of here are beautifully
> covered with snow. It's quite a site on a clear??? day. It's warm, that
> is , for us,. We/ve had some sun breaks. Planted 20 primulas on the edge
> of my patio. Does that ever brighten your morning looking out. Have a few
> Daffs with yellow breaking. Still have stock with flowers from last
> summer. The well protected geraniums are flowering.  cleaned/ cut back my
> Fuschias. Saw a pair of Robins yesterday. Whoopie!!! Spring is here!!!
> Really??? LOL. You all have a gr888 week in snow country.
>
> Tony Veca <><

Tony, you give me hope.  We're leaving snow-bound New York tomorrow to fly to
Seattle on our way to Denver to visit our newest (and probably last)
grandson.  I am glad to hear that we might have a glimpse of spring in
Seattle.
  You ask why we are going to Denver by way of Seattle?   Well, it's like
this...Our oldest son works for Alaska Airlines and lives in Olympia.  Alaska
Airlines flies from Newark to Seattle and from Seattle to Denver, but not
from Newark to Denver.  Since we can fly on his employee's pass, and get to
visit with him on the way, it makes more sense.
  They finally finished plowing us out around noon today from Monday's snow.
The temperature is in the 40s today and it's predicted to rain, then freeze
and turn back into snow over the weekend.  I'll be glad to be out of here for
a few days.  I hope it has decided to look more like spring by the time we
get back the following week.
Auralie