Re: wine country/chat meet

Lordy, Lordy, David!  I wanna come - you're makin' me homesick for
northern CA, that's for sure!  And, if that Chamber of Commerce does
not grab you immediately for PR, they are missing out bigtime!!!

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland

Lookin' out on snow and rain and clouds; not sunny CA skies!!!

mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
> From: David Franzman <dfranzma@pacbell.net>
>
> Uh, sorry to burst your bubble Jesse but Stockton ain't wine
country...EJ Gallo
> not withstanding.  If you want wine country you have to come where
I am in
> Sonoma County or just north of me in Napa County.  That is true
wine country.

> Within 10 miles of my house there at least twenty award winning,
world renown
> wineries situated around golden, oak studded, hills.  On your tour
we'll leave
> early in the morning and watch the fog slowly lifting off the
vineyards
> revealing row upon row of grapes vines heavily laden with some of
the best
> varietals you ever want to encounter.  As we look up to see an
incredibly blue
> sky still with wisps of fog seemingly evaporating before our eyes.
Another
> look shows us a few of the many hot air balloons that float like
clouds over
> the area.
>
> You can sip any of your favorites as we stop at one winery after
another.
> Merlot, Pinot, Cabernet a virtual cornucopia of different wines.
For lunch
> we'll stop at one of the cheese factories in the town square of the
historic
> town of Sonoma where the Bear Flag revolt took place ushering in
California's
> independence from Mexico.  After buying our lunch we can walk
across the street
> to the town square park and picnic with crusty, warm San Francisco
sour dough
> bread, freshly made cheeses, sausages of various types made here
and of course
> topped with cheesecake also a favorite here.  All this accompanied
by your
> favorite bottle of wine.  At the end of the day you can soak your
tired muscles
> either in a mud bath in Calistoga or the mineral hot springs in
Boyes Hot