From: Island Jim <jsinger@igc.org>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] wine country/chat meet
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 17:33:24 -0500

yeah, david's right about the wine, jesse. most of the wine produced in california is produced in the great valley from woodbridge [mondavi's supermarket label] to fresno [gallo's huge refinery-like operation]. most of the good wine, however, is produced in napa and sonoma counties, some of the foothill counties [arguably the best zinfandel comes from a 150-year-old vineyard in amador county], and some of the cool, foggy coastal counties, such as santa cruz, where the memorable chardonnay grapes are grown.

but, then, most of these places are within a couple of hours of each other.