From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Kitty Morrissy
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2003 4:07 PM
To: Agardenchat
Subject: RE: [CHAT] RE: briefcase- cuttings-roses

I only saw the close up pic of your Streptocarpus. But the flowers
looked
the same. There are so many different species within Streptocarpus and i
think last year a local greenhouse was selling it as Streptocarpella.
Anyway, take a look at:
http://www.boomanfloral.com/lp_medium.htm
Scroll down a bit.
If yours looks like the hanging basket, we are most likely talking the
same
plant.
By the end of summer it was overlong, needed a trim - hence the first
set
of cuttings. By Feb I was able to take more. I believe I just took stem
cuttings and stuck them in Rootrainers or APS units, kept moist
withcapillary matting. Not sure if I even bothered with any rooting
hormone.

As to your rose, looks like you can get it in Germany ;+) When you do
search for it, apparently you don't need 'alba'.  R. suaveolens is white
and is syn w/ R. alba suaveolens.

Kitty