Re: RE:Streptocarpella

I was thinking in terms of: Heuchera crossed with Tiarella yields a
Heucherella.
Streptocarpus crossed with a ? yields a Streptocarpella. (My qstn is at the
bottom)

The reason I assumed a cross is that none of my reference books covers
Streptocarpella as a genus.  So I checked my houseplant books and only one
covered it at all: Ortho.  However, I found this statement by Ortho odd:
"Streptocarpella
..........Thick-leaved, pale-flowered StreptocARPUS saxorum is the best
known of the StreptocarPELLAs."

Plantfinder's Tender Perennials says of Streptocarpus saxorum:
"...small sub-shrub with succulent stems and small velvety
leaves...prostrate habit...copious amounts of small, pale, lavender-blue
flowers. Good in baskets."

And then I found my first real clue in Phillips and Rix:
"Streptocarpus saxorum (subgenus Streptocarpella)"

So, my qstn for those who know the ins and outs of taxonomy, what exactly
is meant by P&R's "subgenus" statement?  Is the species Streptocarpus
saxorum a genus of its own known as Streptocarpella? Or, from the Ortho
statement, does Streptocarpella come in higher up, meaning carpus are
pellas but pellas aren't always carpus? Would one of Streptocarpus
saxorum's cultivars be more correctly named as:
Streptocarpus saxorum 'Good Hope'
or as:
Streptocarpella 'Good Hope'

Kitty