RE: need a small tree/standard

My mother acquired one from who know where... but it was a stick with
three branches... I kept looking at the leader and it was growing like
mad. Tree looked ridicules, one branch was 15 ft above in the air and
the other two where eye level... So I lobed a good 10 ft. of it off....
so far so good, has not died and now is branching out. My mother about
died.:) told her if it died, I would buy her a new one....