RE: Question re: Astilbe

I have planted them in sun... but a very moist place, around the pond.
They survived, bloomed, and surprisingly did not wilt away to nothing.
Of course, this is Illinois full sun.... which is not that powerful as
in other areas of the country.

I would not recommend it, but it did work for me who took some clippings
of her shade garden and found herself in a totally sunny place.

Trees are finally growing, so they will be shaded this year.

Donna