From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of David Franzman
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2003 9:31 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] need a small tree/standard

Eastern and Western Redbud are shaped like a nice tree though the western
does
have some branches that want to come out from the bottom.  Something like a
crepe myrtle.  Arbutus unedo or strawberry tree is very cool.  Gnarled
trunk,
reddish in color and has small white flowers with red and yellow strawberry
looking fruit.  Looks great.  Check it out in the Western Garden Book.

DF